There are many recipes for custard pudding. Today I introduce you to the easiest custard pudding. It is simple yet very delicious!!
It has very smooth texture and great delicate taste!! There is no need to add butter or vanilla extract. This pudding already has rich taste!! If you prefer, you can mix in some shredded chocolate before refrigerating to make chocolate puddings.
You need only eggs, sugar, cornstarch, whole or low fat milk and one soup pan.
You can use skim milk and nut milks for the recipe, but the pudding is going to be a bit watery after refrigerating in my experience. When you use skim milk or nut milks, you might want to use less than normal amount of the milk in the recipe.
Ingredients (servings 4)
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk or 2% milk
- In a soup pan, whisk the yolks and sugar well.
- Add the cornstarch to the pan and mix gently.
- Pour the milk gradually into the pan while stirring.
- Cook it over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture just barely comes to a boil. Turn the heat to low and keep stirring until it is getting custard consistency, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the pudding into a deep (about 5 ounce) grass cup and refrigerate for about 2 hours.