Welcome to my website! This website is devoted to Japanese cooking and nutrition. Many Japanese restaurants in the United States do not serve traditional Japanese food other than Sushi. Yet, traditional Japanese food is incredibly healthy and delicious! On this website I will tell you about, and give you instructions to make, traditional Japanese dishes. Why learn to make traditional Japanese food?
- Japan has the world’s highest longevity rate. People live longer & diet is an important reason why.
- Japanese food uses natural, seasonal ingredients, has many low fat dishes, and uses a variety of cooking styles.
- Rice is a staple of the Japanese diet, and it is high in fiber, folic acid, magnesium, potassium, iron, and other healthy nutrients.
- Several studies have suggested that Japanese food can be effective in improving blood sugar levels and preventing Type II diabetes.
- Japanese food has been named as an intangible cultural treasure by UNESCO.
- And of course, Japanese food is delicious!!!!