Today I introduce you to lotus root dumpling. It is a popular dish in Japan. The dumpling has great smooth texture and delicious dashi sauce gives the dish amazing flavor.
Lotus root is a very nutritious vegetable; high in vitamin C, potassium, fiber and polyphenol. It doesn’t have a particularly strong taste or aroma, so it suits all taste.
In this recipe, grated lotus root is cooked in a microwave. This makes the recipe easy.
Ingredients (serving 2)
- 10 oz. lotus root, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dashi stock (any kind)
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Sake
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Mirin sweet cooking rice wine
- Slurry (Mixture of 1 Tablespoon cornstarch plus 2 Tablespoons water)
- Chopped green onion to taste
- Grated ginger to taste